Wednesday, March 20, 2013

RuPaul's Drag Race Recap: Queens of Comedy

RuPaul's Drag Race, Episode 7: "RuPaul Roast"



This episode of featured four words that fans of the show love to hear.  "The Library Is Open."  Yes, it was time for the queens to read each other.  It was no surprise that Alaska and Jinkx read the other queens the house down.  In the end, Alaska won the mini challenge.

The main challenge was to roast RuPaul.  Alaska, as winner of the mini challenge, set the order and for some reason she decided to put herself up first.  I know she was trying to be nice, but you can be nice and strategic at the same time.  This also seemed to be the demise of Rolaskatox as Alaska decided to steer clear of  her clique and try to focus on herself.

The roast was pretty hilarious for the most part.  Alaska and Jinkx definitely brought it, like I think I knew we would.  Jinkx probably had the funniest bit when she said, "Michelle Visage is full of semen. Period.  But seriously, she's a whore."  So funny.  I love Jinkx.  I was pretty lukewarm on her when the show first started, but she has become my favorite queen as the season progressed.

Surprisingly, it wasn't a "comedy" queen that won the challenge, but Coco Montrese.  Coco created a character for her roast.  Ru's around the way cousin from the Brewster Projects.  Coco was funny, but I'm not sure that she deserved to win.  I'm still not sure I know anything about Coco.  All I really know is that she hates Alyssa Edwards and she frequently plays the victim.  I'm pretty surprised that she has lasted this long, honestly.

Unsurprisingly, Roxxxy and Alyssa landed in the bottom two.  Their bits at the roast were horrible.  Seriously.  Alyssa doesn't understand how to playfully joke.  She just sounded vicious.  And why was she so close to the microphone?  I'm sure that she has used one before.  The feedback was a mess.  Roxxxy just struggled.  Comedy is not her thing and she was rushing the whole time.  Her jokes fell flat.

Roxxxy definitely redeemed herself in the lip sync.  Bitch had on two wigs!  Amazing reveal.  She and Alyssa served it to the judges on a platter and neither one of them were sent home.  Alyssa's lucky that Ru was in a generous mood, because Roxxxy kicked her ass.

So, what did you guys think?  Did you think Coco's win was deserved?  How about that lip sync?  Do you love Jinkx as much as I do?  Are you upset about the possible demise of Rolaskatox?  Hit me up in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment