Saturday, January 12, 2013

First Listen: Destiny's Child, "Nuclear"

Destiny's Child, "Nuclear


Well, that was fast.  Just a few days after announcing it, Destiny's Child premiered their first new song in 7 years, the Pharrell produced, "Nuclear."  On first listen, for me, it is a little meh.  I'm a huge DC fan, so maybe I expected too much.  There is nothing really wrong with it.  It is an unoffensive slow jam and it follows the tried and true DC formula.  B and Kelly handle most of it and Michelle swoops in on the bridge.  I just wanted a little bit more.  Full disclosure, I prefer a more upbeat track from my girls.  I'd prefer a big, bass rattling, booty shaking club anthem like "Lose My Breath," to a sexy, seductive slow jam like "Cater 2 U."  That could be a factor as to why my reaction was more middling.  Enough about me, I'm going to turn it over to you.  You can take a listen to "Nuclear" below and tell me what you think.  Does this song warrant a full scale Destiny's Child comeback or should the ladies just stay on the solo track?


No comments:

Post a Comment